The Mildred Building
Katharine and Company is located in the historic Mildred Building on the corner of Martin Luther King Parkway and Calder Avenue.
The complex was built by Miles Frank Yount, founder of the Yount-Lee Oil Company, who made his fortune during the second Spindletop Oil Boom of 1925.
Named for his daughter, it was completed in 1929 and 1930 for a total cost of $700,000.
The Mediterranean Revival-style three-story apartment building, retail center and garage was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.
In 1999, The Mildred was designated a Texas Historic Landmark.